Being a new mum can be overwhelming and come with lots of worries. Just remember there is so much support out there for you and your little angel and you are not alone. These top tips are just a few little things to support you through those first few months.
- Trust your instinct, you know your baby the best. It can be a time of needing reassurance, but trust your gut you’ve got this.
- Take a break, it can be stressful having a new born. If you need 5 minutes out take it, make yourself a cup of tea and take a break.
- Don’t compare yourself to other mums. Remember every person is different and every child is unique, make your own choices and do it your way.
- Forget about housework, those dishes can wait till tomorrow. You are raising a new human being that’s a big enough job (your baby wont remember those extra dishes)
- Sock up on low prep food in the fridge for you. Don’t attempt a roast with all the trimmings, get some simple food in that you can pop in the oven and eat stress free.
- Keep baby wipes or a muslin with your wherever you go, it gets messy.
- Get out; go for a walk even if it’s just to the shop. It’s important to get out of the house even if just for a short while.
- Go with the flow, babies don’t come with a instruction book unfortunately and what works for some babies may not work with yours. Trust your instinct and go with the flow.
- If someone offers help take it. Take that time to do whatever you wish, get a haircut, take a bath or even just have a nap your doing your best.
- Take joy in all the little moments, whether that’s with you or your little angel. Take joy in that cup of tea, getting dressed or making it to the shops, praise yourself!