When to start potty training?
We know it can be an overwhelming subject but do not worry we are here to support you! Every child is different so do not worry. If they're not ready, you won't be able to make them use it, there is no perfect time. In their own time, they will want to use one.
Our Top 10 potty training tips for successful toileting:
1. Drink plenty of water, avoiding fizzy and sugary drinks
2. Check for constipation, your child should poo around 4 times a week and be soft and easy to pass
3. Use easy clothing, avoids zips and buttons
4. Pick a potty, allow your child to choose it if you choose to use one
5. Get into a routine, don’t ask your child if they need to go just say it ‘potty/ toilet time’
6. Keep it short, 2 or 3 minute max, give them a toy if it helps
7. Encourage boys to sit down to wee
8. Be consistent, keep the same routine at home, at nursery and with friends and family
9. Give lots of praise, stickers can be your best friend
10. Be patient, it takes different children a range of time just keep going!
If your need any support please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff at Little Angels we are here to support you and your little angel!